BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £405m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network.
BDO gives graduates all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
Achieving my potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. You will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification over the 3 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
Our dedicated financial services group provides services to clients varying from large international financial institutions to AIM listed companies, new entrants and innovative challenger brands across the full spectrum of the financial services industry including:
- Banking and alternative finance
- Capital Markets
- Investment Management and Funds
Business Area Overview
- Be an important part of the audit team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients’ books and records
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Audit Senior or Manager
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Audit Senior or Manager
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidate’s who poses strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making