During your Internship your time will be spent learning about the role of a Forensic and Investigation Services Graduate and the fundamental part they play in the successful management of any organisation. You will have the opportunity to explore and understand the intricacies of how different organisations function effectively, across a wide range of industry sectors including Aerospace and Defence, Construction, Mining and Exploration and Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
The Birmingham FIS team has a diverse range of clients which will allow you to varied and exciting experience. Our clients include large corporations and global organisations; that allows us to work with our international colleagues. Our owner managed clients will give you the insight into how successful organisations operate and the key decisions management undertake on a daily basis.
As an Intern, you will be involved in providing independent, third party reviews of the financial records of clients. You will be required to provide an accurate, unbiased analysis of the company’s financial condition, making a fair and equitable approach essential. You will also have the opportunity to establish effective working relationships based on mutual trust and respect with key players within a company, including management, non-executive directors and other advisers.
Your day to day work will include assisting with all aspects of conducting a successful client audit. You will work in client audit teams that will allow you to learn and develop from your peers, managers and partners within the Industry and Commerce team.
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
- We also look to develop long term relationships with our intern students and if the placement goes well you may be offered a role to join Mazars renowned Graduate ACA Training scheme after you have completed your degree / placement.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
- You will be on course to achieve, at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
- You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.