Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new Insolvency Graduate on our ACCA Graduate Programme. This is an exciting role within a growing and dynamic part of the business.
Based in the Cardiff office with guidance from a tight knit team, the role of Insolvency Graduate involves being responsible for a number of personal and corporate insolvencies. The Insolvency Graduate progresses a case from start to finish ensuring all statutory responsibilities are fulfilled, along side the Insolvency Practitioner’s duties in order to maximise realisations for the benefit of creditors.
The Insolvency Graduate should be able to manage their own workload whilst also meeting statutory deadlines as well as those in house; therefore demonstrating excellent organisational skills.
Working towards an ACCA qualification and becoming proficient with the Insolvency Act and other legislation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with directors and bankrupts to gain key information and an understanding of each specific case
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including: bankrupts, directors, shareholders and employees
- Preparation of Statutory Reports
- Taking responsibility for your own portfolio of cases with appropriate management.
- Provide support and assistance to other team members when required
- To carry out investigations
- Be familiar with all Microsoft programmes including outlook and eventually become fluent with bespoke software systems
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events – each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program – our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Passionate about the business and insolvency market
- Minimum 2.1 expected or achieved in financially related degree
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Enjoys working within a team
- 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ACCA Insolvency Graduate then apply online ASAP.