As an Audit Consultant you will be supporting Audit Seniors, Managers and Partners on the delivery of audit assignments on a broad range of clients, covering a number of sectors, predominantly large corporate organisations, FTSE 350 companies, and financial services. Your role is to provide an unbiased analysis of the client’s financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards.
Your time will be split between working at client premises and working in the office.
During your first year, you will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
As an Audit Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices
- Checking bank balances and bank statements
- Reviewing client payroll records for accuracy
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Utilise audit software
- Attend client meetings and social activities
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Attend in-house technical training as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Essential: Previous work experience in the finance sector
- Leadership potentia
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skill
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Masters degree in a business related discipline
- 2:1 degree or above in any discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Training Contract & Study Support
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.