About Audit at Close Brothers
The Audit department is an independent risk and assurance function responsible for analysing and assessing all aspects (e.g. controls, governance) of the Close Brothers Group (Group, Bank, Securities and Asset Management). The role is within the Group Internal Audit (GIA) department and reports in to the Group’s Audit Committee which provides a high level of exposure and interaction with the Board.
The department has 6 internal staff and the team’s clients are the whole business. The team also has a large number of stakeholders including external auditors and regulators (PRA, FCA) with whom the department interacts regularly.
What will I be doing?
In the Audit graduate programme you will quickly become a full member of the team. You will be involved in annual planning, audit planning and execution as well as report writing. There will be a large level of interaction with the business. You will gain a detailed insight into the whole group and not just one department or division.
Does this sound like you?
Our Graduate Programme offers a structured yet tailor-made 2 year programme, working across specific business areas and locations.
You will be equipped with personalised training and development, including one-on-one mentoring and exposure to people in all parts of the business.
To help you grow and develop you’ll also have the chance to study towards a professional qualification, either a professional diploma in banking or a qualification relevant to your business area’
The programme is ideally suited to graduates who will be available to start work in September 2014.
Salary and Benefits: £24,000 plus a competitive benefits package including a cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, pension scheme and life assurance.
Start date: September 2014
Application deadline: 2nd December 2013
What are we looking for?
- Commercial awareness and genuine interest in the financial industry
- Motivated, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individuals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Eagerness to learn, showing curiosity
- Knowledge of IT applications such as Microsoft
- Driven, determined and resilient to excel within a challenging and fast paced environment
- Academically we are looking for applicants with at least a 2:1 degree in any degree subject. The following subjects are desirable: IT, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Maths, Science, HR, English and History.
- Flexibility to work across our UK locations, travel is required within the UK.
To apply online visit: http://www.closebrothers.gtios.com
1. Online Application. You will be required to complete a short application form to give us more information on yourself and your motivation for joining the Graduate Programme at Close Brothers.
2. Online tests. Subject to passing the online screening stage you will be invited to complete a series of online tests as part of the next stage in the recruitment process.
3. Telephone Interview. This is to find out more about you and your interest in joining Close Brothers.
4. Assessment Centre. This is the final stage in the recruitment process. You will participate in further interviews and exercises which are designed to further test your skills and suitability for the programme.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Close Brothers Group plc’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]