During your summer internship you will be expected to develop your knowledge of accountancy and our audit approach. You will establish good working relationships with colleagues and staff at our public sector clients in the North East and Yorkshire.
You will work in teams with experienced auditors, carrying out work to support our audit opinions on clients’ financial statements. This will involve documenting, evaluating and testing financial systems and testing amounts and disclosures in financial statements. You will also be involved in claims and returns certification work and may be involved in other work allocated by a team leader or manager.
You will manage your time effectively and complete jobs within the set budget. You will spend a significant amount of time at client sites and, for each audit assignment, you will report either to the relevant manager or team leader.
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
- You will be on course to achieve, at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
- You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.