The purpose of this role is to provide technical & administrative support to BR staff while developing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge. This includes taking responsibility for own workload as well as supporting senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases. This role is responsible to a designated senior group member and ultimately to the Group Manager.
Members of the National Courtwork team will specialise predominantly in bankruptcy and compulsory liquidation assignments or other Court driven processes that may from time to time arise.
Business Area Overview
• Administer small business restructuring caseloads in such a way to ensure that all statutory / regulatory and internal procedures are met
• Setting up and maintenance of files
• Assisting at meetings with debtor/company directors, including preparation of minutes
• Basic office admin, including filing, copying, casting and reading over documents
• Ensure relevant data is captured, reports are produced and IPS case set-up information is completed
• Completion of cashiers instructions, for review by senior staff
• Completion of workpacks, checklists, glossary documents, IP record sheets and internal working papers
• Accurate preparation of schedules and receipts and payments accounts together with reconciliation of bank and Insolvency Services Accounts
• Obtain and review company searches and Land Registry searches
• Assist in the preparation of simple reports, including VAT & Tax returns, and clean returns to DTI in respect of directors’ conduct.
• Maintain awareness of group budgetary requirements and time constraints
• Be involved in the marketing of the firm’s services to potential clients and work providers
• To highlight potential problems to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
• Familiarise and gain working knowledge of all regulatory and statutory requirements, including SIP and best practice, Risk Management and Money Laundering.
• Assist more senior staff as and when required
• Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated.
The following responsibilities are specific to the Receivables team:
• Attend site with case manager to formulate a collection strategy
• Assess with case manager the respective situation and be aware of the pitfalls
• Formulate the collection strategy with the case manager (which compliments the overall administration strategy)
• Assist in the preparation of reports to the respective bank/discounter in their language (via the Receivables senior management team)
On course for 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
280 UCAS Points or equivalent, excluding General Studies
Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English