We are looking for graduates with enquiring minds and a sociable disposition to join us for our September 2024 intake of trainees in our Private Clients team.
Our trusted team of approximately 30 people, including 4 Partners and strong administrative support, work with individuals and their structures on some of the biggest financial decisions that they may face. The core of our work focuses on advising on the assets of an individual, family or business. We assess the opportunities available to them and minimise their liability. Many of our clients use Buzzacott for other services, so there is the opportunity to work closely and build relationships with your colleagues in other teams around the firm and within our PrimeGlobal association.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To assist the Trust team to deliver a quality compliance and advisory service to both clients and managers
- Prepare trust accounts, trust tax returns, capital gains tax computations and other tax compliance work
- Deal with trust administrative matters such as: preparing minutes, resolutions, drawing cheques, liaising with banks, liaising with investment advisers, liaising with other professional advisers
We offer you a comprehensive, fully supervised training program, which extends over a period of approximately 36-42 months and you will undertake the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) professional tax qualifications before training to be a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and STEP Affiliate. Training consists of a combination of taught courses at the training providers offices, private study and regular tests. Paid study leave is granted and course and examination fees are paid for first attempts.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 6 (B grade using the old system) in GCSE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract