Corporate audit – in this department you’ll join a pool of trainees who provide audit and accounting services to managers and partners.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an ACA trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an ACA trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, travel, study and socialising!
In this role you will provide a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts and on occasions, other ad hoc assignments. Duties will include:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PRO audit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Work solely on all aspects of property audits, which are of limited complexity, providing review points to manager
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required.
- 300 UCAS points gained within the same year excluding general studies
- Degree educated, 2:1 or above
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus.