Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
This is intellectually challenging, varied and exciting work that appeals to the brightest and most capable people. Professionals in this area tend to specialise, to offer clients the most in -depth expertise.
- Forensic: As part of our forensic development team, you’ll deliver advanced software solutions, such as data analytics and visualisation techniques. Helping both internal and external clients solve disputes and financial crime. (You will find Forensic Technology job in the Technology Job Family).
- Transaction Services – Aberdeen: This team undertakes due diligence on a wide range of businesses across the oil and gas lifecycle. Through the due diligence role, you will support companies in assessing acquisitions/disposals, a role that is suited to someone with an analytical and commercial mind-set. The team has a varied client base which includes owner managed, private equity backed, and large international businesses. They work closely with the London oil and gas team and often on overseas transactions (i.e. Oslo, Middle East, Houston, etc.), as such, the role provides an opportunity for international travel.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality service.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Focus on data books, draft reports whilst providing additional project management, business development and pipelines opportunities
- Help create proposals and client presentations, research target companies
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models