Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
Audit regulatory reform. Globalisation. Tech innovation. The responsibility debate. The global reset. Tax is changing; it’s more high profile than ever. And we plan to seize the moment and become undisputed ‘Champions of Disruption’. By experimenting with new technologies that have the potential to change how we all do business, we aim to become market leader. Defined not just by scale, but by innovation and outstanding client service.
Tax Consulting is all about solving complex intellectual challenges. We help our clients make the right business decisions, on a worldwide scale, by working collaboratively and creatively. Which means you get to see the bigger picture and become an expert in your specialist field.
- Business Tax:In Business Tax, it’s our job to help our clients understand and manage them. From day one, you’ll work closely with clients – big and small – across all industries, on every aspect of their corporate tax. You’ll help them deal with the heightened focus on tax and the complexity of balancing legislation, case law and public perception. Filing tax returns is just one part of this. But we also deliver large-scale, international projects, as the tax experts in a multidisciplinary team. You might develop an industry specialism too.
- Global Employer Services:Two words sum up what we do in Global Employer Services (GES): Mobility and Reward. The first is about helping employers of all shapes and sizes to move their people around the globe, providing expert legal and business advice on everything from immigration to tax. The second is about planning the right pay, pensions and benefits for their staff. Join us and you’ll not only be among the experts in this field, but the market leaders. You’ll get to use innovation and technology, such as business analytics, to deliver true insights and value to clients (You will find this job in the Human Capital Job Family).
- Indirect Tax:As an Indirect Tax professional, you’ll get to know all aspects of your client’s business and advise them on business-critical events. Much of this is rooted in law. Which means a big part of your job will be researching legislation and case law and relating it to clients, so you can find effective solutions for them. You could really help clients navigate everything from Brexit to US Trade Reform, and all the uncertainties in-between including their tax systems and technology. Wherever you specialise, you’ll become an expert in customs, global trade, VAT, landfill tax and other indirect taxes that affect businesses, minimising the costs for clients, whenever, wherever and however they do business.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality service.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Aiding innovation through research and application of solutions for clients
- Supporting reviews of current client projects and identifying issues and areas of opportunity
- Learning and applying core project management skills to work for our clients
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities;
- Tax Laws and Rules:Develops knowledge of current tax legislation across the Global Tax and Legal function
- Delivery Excellence:Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving:Collects, assimilates, and analyses data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions in the Tax and Legal business
- Technology Tools and Solutions:Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
- Tax Advisory and Consulting:Researches and prepares draft client reports under the guidance of senior staff