Don’t want to go to university or college? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant. If you have a minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or better, including Mathematics and English Language and are over 16, have a look at Deloitte.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start your careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
The Audit Engagement Support Centre is part of the Cardiff Delivery Centre and provides an extensive range of support for the Audit Service Line’s client-facing staff in the UK. All the roles in the Delivery Centre are in business administration and operations; we will teach you the skills you need for these roles.
Our Apprentices are here to shape their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you complete your apprentice qualifications.
Successful apprentices applying to the Cardiff programme will receive training to work in the Audit Engagement Support Centre, This group works across our Audit practice, supporting our client facing employees. They assist with delivery of the work on Audit engagements as well as many elements of administrative support during the cycle of work with our clients and in the bid process for new work.
The Cardiff Delivery Centre is growing with new teams and roles added regularly throughout the year. As an apprentice you will be provided with an opportunity to shape your career as well as gaining ‘on the job’ experience. You will be doing the same work as colleagues around you and will also be given dedicated time and support to progress your education.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology and centres of excellence take care of the standardised tasks.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Focus on the stakeholder:we do not deliver processes but solutions designed around our clients
- Be an expert in risk assessments and audit responses:we continuously and dynamically gather, update and analyse information throughout the audit, performing all the necessary risk assessment procedures
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work:as auditors we have a responsibility to understand the scope of work performed by the experts and specialists, supervise their procedures, review their working papers and understand the conclusions they reach
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology:we deliver high quality audits via a number of enablers (i.e. our Global Audit & Assurance imperatives, our professional excellence, the constant professional development in the use of our innovative methodologies)
- Manage project plans to optimise engagements:Developing and managing a change and project plan is critical to executing high quality audits
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs:this is not just about operations, but about being capable of making reasonable judgements, to make an impact that matters to our clients
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards:Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm’s quality control procedures