As a Financial Services Consulting Intern you will be supporting the Financial Services Consulting Team in delivering consultancy advice to the Finance Industry.
Your role will be to assist banking and insurance clients to assess and improve their existing methods, policies, systems and ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory guidance.
You will support the FS Consulting Team with determining appropriate methods of data collection and research methodology. You will also help interpret the information gained and formulate and implement recommendations and solutions that are tailored to the client’s needs.
Examples of projects that you may be asked to assist with include:
- Regulatory compliance assignments, eg. reviews of a client’s risk management framework, governance framework, reporting to regulators (such as ICAAP), etc
- Monitoring the compliance of institutions with commitments made to European / international competition regulation authorities in the context of Monitoring Trustee assignments
- Improving a client’s internal processes and systems
You will also assist with the running of workshops, external seminars, conferences and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
During your internship, your typical daily duties will include:
- Research, collect, prepare and present information/statistics as required
- Consider the impact of legislation upon specific requirements
- Conduct reviews of clients’ processes, systems, policies, regulatory compliance needs in an organised and systematic way
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations/ marketing collaterals, using appropriate graphics software and other media, ensuring that documents are compliant with the firm’s standards
- Support with the management of tender proposals for new work
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend all training courses as required
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
- You will of achieved at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
- You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.