During your Internship your time will be spent learning about the role of a Forensic and Investigation Services Graduate.
Our Forensic and Investigation Services (FIS) team has extensive experience of providing high-quality, timely and cost-effective investigations, advice, expert reports and expert testimony on financial and accountancy matters, including:
- Litigation and arbitration: acting as party appointed, single joint expert or expert advisor in a host of litigation, English and international arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution procedures; and
- Investigations: providing authoritative and impartial advice in investigations and asset recoveries
The Birmingham FIS team has a diverse range of clients and assignments, the combination of which ensures that an Internship within this department is a varied, informative and exciting learning experience. The FIS team are instructed to work on assignments from a variety of clients in different sectors including; inter alia, oil & gas, shipping, mining, telecommunications, intellectual property and royalties, pharmaceuticals and financial services (including insurance).
As a member of this busy and dynamic team you will be instrumental in ensuring that client expectations are exceeded through the provision of a quality product within an agreed budget and timescale.
How we will support you
We will continuously support you through out your Internship by:
- Providing you with feedback: We believe that continuous feedback is the best way to learn. You will receive feedback on each job you work on.
- Supporting your development: You will have regular review meetings during your placement to discuss how you are progressing and will receive support and advice about your longer term career.
- We also look to develop long term relationships with our intern students and if the placement goes well you may be offered a role to join Mazars renowned Graduate ACA Training scheme after you have completed your degree / placement.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
- You will of achieved at least a 2.1 in your degree, although the subject of your degree is not important.
- You’ll need at least 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.