Make a difference at Mazars
From the first day you arrive at Mazars, you will be welcomed with rewarding work, a good client list and supportive colleagues – all the crucial ingredients you need to inspire and educate you as you study for your qualification.
An overview of the role
As a member of the Fraud and Investigations team, and reporting directly to the Fraud and Investigations Managers, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of proactive and reactive counter fraud work to a range of clients including local authority and NHS sectors throughout London, Essex, South East and South West England.
Your first year will be spent learning about:
• Understanding the nature of general risks and controls within our clients’ systems and processes;
• Developing this understanding to identify specific fraud risks and associated controls;
• The importance of fraud prevention and detection and the use of data analytics;
• The channels of raising fraud awareness for our clients; and
• The nature of reactive counter fraud work
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Assist with the delivery of proactive and reactive counter fraud work;
• Assist with the preparation of draft reports detailing the findings from proactive and reactive work;
• Assist with delivering client presentations, with the view to leading on delivery in a confident and clear manner;
• Assist on any other special assignments as and when required;
• Maintaining good relationships with clients;
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Flexibility to meet the needs of the client and the firm and the ability to be proactive in delivering these; and
• Identifies opportunities and prospects for new work.
As your training contract progresses you will:
• Have the opportunity to take on responsibility to deliver proactive and reactive counter fraud work;
• Develop your skills to identify new and innovative detective techniques;
• Develop your knowledge and skills to assist with investigative interviews; and
• Have the opportunity to be involved in business development opportunities.
How we will support you
We will fund you to study towards the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and will progress to the Local Counter Fraud Specialist (LCFS) qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college but, with Mazars your professional qualification is only part of the story. We support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development, classroom study, 1:1 coaching and support and, as you progress, technical and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will spend time away from the office to attend classes for tuition and revision stages of each exam. The classroom taught approach means that you will have the support of your peers and valuable study time for your exams.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you technical insight to assist you to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
What we are looking for
We want driven professional individuals who excel at working with others, who have the ability to communicate at a high level and who share the same values as Mazars. Alongside this you must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, commitment, drive commercial awareness, flexibility and creativity.
We look for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
• You’ll need at least 240 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
• We also look for Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Mazars’s school leaver schemes[/jobfooter]
Make a difference at Mazars