Looking for a fulfilling career? One that can have a wider impact on society? At Grant Thornton, that’s precisely what we offer. A career where you can have your ideas implemented. Your opinions heard. Your contributions valued. Not just by your colleagues, but by coveted clients. And the opportunity to inspire changes that can be felt wider than our business, helping us achieve our bold and ambitious vision of shaping a vibrant economy for the UK and beyond. It’s a compelling mix. So bring your passion, ambitions and inspiration, and together let’s make it happen.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we’re a team that’s growing fast.
Getting involved with interesting and dynamic parts of the business cycle, we help organisations to start up, expand or begin a new chapter. At the heart of our clients’ business strategy, we provide innovative solutions that unlock growth. Which means our business advisers have lots of responsibility.
Advisory Summer Internship Programme
As an intern in Advisory you’ll join us for six to eight weeks for an opportunity to get stuck in with real responsibility, gain an insight into life as a trainee and fast track to a graduate role.
What you’ll be doing:
- you’ll be analysing the numbers to gain a greater understanding behind the organisations you’re working with, which will be used to give them the type of advice they’ll need to help them achieve their business goals
- you’ll spend much of your time doing your research around the clients you’re working with including spending time on-site trying to understand their business
- you’ll have the chance to be a part of exciting projects beyond the day job which will really help with your development, as well as being a lot of fun
- you’ll also travel to our internal training centre, Bradenham manor, for a two-day workshop to help you on your way to becoming a credible business adviser.
- and if all of the above is not enough to keep you busy, you’ll spend the course of your internship working on a firm-wide project, which is connected to our purpose, based on a nationwide issue, culminating in an end of internship presentation
Who we’re looking for:
- you should share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect & Responsibility
- independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge or be challenged
- always striving to grow yourself, you should be driven to succeed with the ability to see tasks through to the end and remain agile, even when things don’t go to plan
- passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential.
- able to analyse the numbers and back them up with strategic advice, you must be a great relationship builder who can inspire everyone around you with your energy and ideas.
- you should also work well with others and take ownership of the part you play.
We have a flexible approach to academic requirements. We consider academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are more important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Applications for our internship programme open on 1st December 2017 and we expect to have filled the majority of our roles by the end of February 2018. Penultimate year undergraduate students can apply. We encourage applications from all degree disciplines.
At Grant Thornton, we are committed to creating a working environment where all colleagues are treated equally, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone feels valued and able to perform at their best. This is our aspiration.