Purpose of the role:
Working both autonomously and as part of an established team focussing on providing tax services to a variety of industry sectors. You will be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. You will also work towards attaining the ACA/CTA qualification.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- This role entails casework handling clients
- Dealing with tax compliance issues
- Dealing with correspondence to and from HM Revenue & Customs This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time
Work Based Competencies
- Attention to detail and have good numerical and grammar skills
- Competent using word, excel and Microsoft outlook
- The person will be self motivated with a flexible approach
- Team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally and respond to client needs
Highly motivated with a strong academic background including:
- Expecting or achieved a 2.1 degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 300 ucas tariff points from 3 A’ Levels or equivalent
- 6 GCSE’s grade B and above including Maths and English
- Holiday – 22 days plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
After 6 month probationary period:
- Entry into Group Income Protection Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Opportunity to trade holiday via salary sacrifice
Haysmacintyre is a 32 partner firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with approximately 280 staff, delivering a wide range of specialist services from a single location in central London.
The mission statement of the Firm is to be recognised as business advisers to the SME community. Our marketing strategy, which was recently reviewed, concentrates on a number of key sectors: corporates (real estate, media and entertainment, sports, automotive), professional practices, charities/not for profit organizations and private clients.
Our services include audit, business tax, corporate finance, personal tax and financial services, VAT, business support, employer support, company secretarial, IT and other advisory services.
Haysmacintyre are joint owners of MSI, an international alliance in legal and accounting firms, with over 250 firms in 100 countries.