Our Human Capital Tax team is one of the largest expatriate tax providers in the market. We have approximately 40 team members, primarily centred in London. We advise both companies and individual assignees with regard to tax, social security (NIC) and HR related policy issues affecting employees moving around the globe. Whilst the UK team is responsible for providing UK specific and general advice, we leverage and work very closely with colleagues in BDO’s international network, who provide local country advice.
A role within this team would give an opportunity to learn about all aspects of expatriate taxation, covering both domestic and international issues. Initially you would deal mainly with tax compliance matters and be part of the team responsible for the completion of personal tax returns. With experience there would be increased exposure to both client relationships and advisory matters.
Individuals within this team will study for the CTA qualification.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
2:1 degree in any discipline
280 UCAS Points or equivalent, excluding General Studies
Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English