You will join the Mazars Global Infrastructure Finance team to support a variety of our core business activities, which include model audit, model build, advisory activities and providing training. Working with a variety of managers and partners, you will gain experience in model audit and valuations & advisory.
During your internship, your typical daily duties will include:
- Shadowing and working with select engagement teams to carry out a variety of model audit, valuations & advisory assignments
- Contributing to deliverables associated with the aforementioned engagements
- Assisting with creating proposals, training materials and refreshing the team’s intelligence hub
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Desirable: Dutch and / or German language skills
- Desirable: Previous Infrastructure Finance, Construction or Engineering experience
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Achieved, or on track to achieve, a Masters degree
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
As well as providing you with an insight into a market leading international infrastructure finance team, we will enrol you onto our financial modelling courses and support you to develop your financial modelling, project finance and commercial knowledge during the course of the internship.
We will also provide you with the opportunity to work on infrastructure transactions and participate in client meetings. You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of a variety of infrastructure sectors including, but not limited to, Public Private Partnerships and Power Generation.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.