This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients. You will be part of the Tax team, ensuring that all of their deliverables are completed on time and within budget for their Senior and Manager. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
Our Corporate International Tax and Transfer Pricing teams form the foundation of our international tax offering in London. Successful candidates will work closely with both teams throughout the duration of their training contracts with a view to gaining significant experience across the two sub-streams.
Our international tax team advises a wide range of clients in a variety of business sectors, from early stage businesses making their first step into or outside the UK, to multinational enterprises with complex operations and structures all over the world.
A role within this team would provide an opportunity to learn about all aspects of UK business taxation and to gain exposure to a range of international tax issues including the expansion of businesses overseas, minimising the overall tax burden on those overseas companies, tax issues arising from the repatriation of profits back to the UK, consideration of foreign exchange and withholding tax issues, and preparing transfer pricing reports on behalf of our clients to determine and defend their intra-group pricing structures.
Initially, you will assist managers and qualified members of the team researching particular UK and overseas tax questions and also manage the UK corporation tax compliance process which will include preparing UK corporation tax returns. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist with the preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
As you progress, there will be increased exposure to more technical work, including assisting team members in solving complex international tax structuring problems for our clients. You will also have the opportunity to develop client relationships and work as a team, building networks with colleagues from BDO International’s extensive network of overseas offices.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
2:1 degree in any discipline
280 UCAS Points or equivalent, excluding General Studies
Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English