Graduating in 2021? Join us as an Audit Trainee Accountant
We are currently recruiting for Accounts and Outsourcing Trainee Accountants to join Kreston Reeves across all our offices. Please state on your application your preferred office location, however we cannot guarantee this.
We offer the following qualifications to our students; Graduates will study towards the ACA qualification and school leavers will either take part in the Cfab or ACCA qualification.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London – and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance – and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
Each year we recruit graduates and school leavers to undertake a three or four-year training contract in order to become a qualified Accountant. Training is undertaken with a leading provider. You will be given periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over the three or four year period. Our student training programme ensures that trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
The objectives of the role
To become a qualified accountant, to be an integrated audit team member, with work undertaken both within one of our offices and out at client premises, upholding professionalism at all times.
The key aspects of the role, which will vary dependent on level of experience, will include (but is not limited to):
- Preparing audit planning forms using Mercia methodology including an appropriately tailored Audit Plan document for communication to client, including compliance with Ethical Standards
- Use Data Analytics, interpret and plan audit accordingly
- Perform substantive audit testing on balance sheet areas.
- Perform testing on schedules to support accounts disclosure
- Attendance at stock takes and appropriate audit testing thereon.
- Discussions with client to document internal system operations and subsequently perform tests to assess effectiveness and identify any weaknesses.
- Participation in Internal audit planning meetings
- Lead internal planning meeting as career develops
- Participate in Audit close meetings
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client’s Trial Balance including all relevant disclosures in accordance with the appropriate legislation and accounting standards
- Supervise on site audit team members and report to manager as career progresses
- Draft Key Audit Findings document
- Draft relevant Audit Report
- Compile relevant data to facilitate production of tax computation (where KR are engaged to provide this service) or review the client’s tax computation.
- Liaise with the corporation tax team as appropriate and in accordance with KR
- internal risk assessment
- Communicate relevant deadlines to client e.g. accounts filing at Companies House, corporation tax payment and filing, confirmation statements, P11d’s etc.
- Identify opportunities to refer additional service to clients
- Provide on the job training to subsequent student intakes
- Follow and adhere to all aspects of KR values and uphold professional ethics
- Provide both positive and developmental feedback as appropriate.
- Provide support to the wider audit team at all levels
- Attendance at networking events to promote ones self and the firm
- Manage assignment budgeting and explain variances, raise client fees and chase for outstanding payments when necessary to protect the firm.
- Participate in audit close meeting
- Attend networking events
- Complete job appraisal forms for personal development and growth
- Maintain online training records and ethics
- Using client information to prepare financial statements
- Be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success
- Attend tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider, as well as attend internal student courses
- Enthusiasm and an interest in business and accountancy
- Knowledge of the firm
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- ‘Good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- 2:1, OR
- 2:2 with ‘good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply