Trainee Accountant – graduate or school leaver
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Accountant to join Kreston Reeves in our Chatham office, starting in September 2019.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London – and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance – and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
Each year we recruit graduates to undertake a training contract in order to become a Chartered Accountant. Training is undertaken with a leading provider at our training venue, Aspire. You will be given periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over your training period. Our student training programme ensures that trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
- Be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success
- Attend tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider, as well as attend internal student courses
- Receive on the job training, career coaching with regular reviews and mentoring
- Graduate – minimum of 2:1 degree. Any discipline will be considered, however preference will be given to those with relevant degrees; 300 UCAS points and at least 3 A Levels (or equivalent), preferably including Business Studies, Economics or Mathematics
- School leaver – 3 A Levels (or equivalent), at minimum B or above, preferably including Maths or Business Students and 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), at minimum grade A, including Maths and English Language.
- Enthusiasm and an interest in business and accountancy
- Knowledge of the firm