Each year we recruit a number of trainees to undertake a five year training contract in order to become qualified accountants. During your first 6 months, you will undertake duties such as preparing basic accounts, working closely with a qualified team. Once both you and the firm are happy that accountancy is the right career choice for you, you will be offered a five year training contract.
You will need to be prepared to study in your own time too to make sure that you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success.
A training contract with Kreston Reeves is the key to a secure future. In return for your hard work and study in early years, we can promise diverse and interesting training which adds up to the ideal head-start in your career you deserve plus a friendly, proactive environment and a fair financial return for your effort. Our approach to professional development is two way, collaborative responsibility. We expect you to take satisfaction, career progression and professional development.
We will aim to ensure that you are given opportunities to develop a broad range of accountancy and management skills if you can meet the following criteria:
2 A Level passes, both a minimum grade B, preferably including Maths or Business Studies
5 GCSE passes, including Maths and English Language, all at minimum grade B
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Self confidence
- The ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Professional impact
- Enthusiasm and interest in business and accountancy
- Determination to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time and task management skills
- Prepared to work hard both practically and academically
- Self driven and highly motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
Our student training programme ensures that our trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
We support our students by providing them with:
- Tuition courses
- Internal student courses
- On the job training
- Regular reviews and mentoring
- Career coaching
Our recruitment process consists of 3 stages:
- CV/Application sift
- Interview, Group Exercise, numerical and verbal tests and an opportunity to meet with current students
- Second interview – with two Managers or Partners