An Internal auditor’s role will primarily involve “hands on” project delivery, providing services to clients performing Internal Audit work. You will work closely with, and support senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. The complexity and size of audit assignments will vary significantly and your work assigned will generally be well defined.
Business Area Overview
• Develop proficiency in applying audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity.
• Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
• Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
• Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risk which affect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
• Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor’s logic in line with the BDO internal audit methodology.