As an Audit Trainee, your role is to provide an unbiased analysis of the client’s financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards. These accounting standards form an integral part of your studies.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
You will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
During your placement, your typical daily duties will include:
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements;
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information;
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Utilise audit software;
- Attend client meetings and social activities;
- Attend in-house technical training as required;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- On track to achieve 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification during your placement year. Upon completion of your degree we will continue your ACA study support if you re-join us.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.