We are looking for a talented individual to be our new AAT Apprentice for our Solent office September 2021 intake!
The AAT Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based either in our Audit or Accounts department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client’s accounting software and manual client records
- Reviewing and analysing client’s statutory accounts and confirming that they are in line with expectations
- Preparation of management accounts
- Assisting with preparation of reports and proposals for new clients
- Assisting with preparation of forecasts
- Preparation of VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat returns and Tax Returns
- Bookkeeping – using Excel and other accounting packages
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of your senior staff members
- Work with others to discuss issues and obtain assistance as required
- Work independently to research potential clients and provide feedback to more senior staff
- Where appropriate develop and supervise junior trainees
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required for this role
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!