Are you looking to gain your AAT qualification? Do you want to earn money whilst studying?
We are looking for a talented individual to be our new AAT Apprentice for our Audit team in our Leatherhead office, September 2022 intake!
The AAT Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based in our Audit department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm.
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget.
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred)
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients’ businesses.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply