Are you an aspiring School Leaver looking to become a future business & finance leader? Are you looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in future talent? If that is you then you need to apply for our School Leaver Programme where you will train in the AAT Accountancy Qualification, we are looking for talented individuals for a September 2019 start in our office in Solent.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
The AAT Apprenticeship Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 & now 2018/19 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Accounts/Advisory & Auditing team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Current School or College student or a recent school or college leaver
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.