We are looking for a talented individual to be our new ATT Apprentice for our Solent office September 2021 intake!
The ATT Apprentice supports the delivery of tax services to corporate clients or private clients including preparing relevant computations and advising on their tax obligations. You will be based either in Business Tax or Private Client Tax team.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year CTA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assistance with the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns for corporate clients
- Communicate with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients
- Assisting in advisory work ranging from small business to large international groups
- Liaise with internal teams and client to source relevant information
- Assisting senior members of the team
- Any Ad-hoc responsibilities as required
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!