We are looking for a talented individual to be our new ATT Apprentice for our Business Tax team based in our Leatherhead office! This role will start in September 2022.
The ATT Apprentice supports the delivery of tax services to corporate clients including preparing relevant computations and advising on their tax obligations.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year CTA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Assisting with the preparation of tax computations for individuals and partnerships.
- Assisting more senior colleagues in gathering information and communicating with clients on routine matters.
- Communicating with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients where authorised to do so.
- Helping with the client onboarding process where required.
- Undertaking routine tasks as required by senior members of the team.
- Accompanying senior members of the team on phone calls/ meeting with clients.
- Any Ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients’ businesses.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply