The Placement Programme:
We are actively looking for a talented 2nd year university student studying Accounting & Finance who is real passionate and would like to be our new placement student for a year based at our central London office. The placement will be for 12 months and starts in August 2020.
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate Employers to work for by Job Crowd.com with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
During the 12 month University placement you will have the opportunity to rotate around the key business area’s in Audit, Tax and Accounts. This is a great opportunity for individuals who would like to start their professional career at a dynamic and relationship driven firm that is dedicated to helping grow their clients business through innovative solutions and services.
The placement programme will give you the flexibility to learn about Audit, Tax and Accounts with the long term aspiration to enable you to decide which field you would like to start a graduate career in. At the end of the programme both you and Menzies LLP will decide on whether a place on the Graduate Programme is going to happen. If the decision is made to progress then you will be given a choice of going onto either the Menzies ATT or ACA Graduate Trainee programme.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your graduate programme, we want our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events – each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program – our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Candidates must be on course to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 degree, 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent. Please ensure your GCSE and A Level results (or equivalent) are listed individually, by subject. Candidates who do not include this information may not be contacted for clarification.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Rotation Student Placement then apply online ASAP.