We are looking for an ACA Apprentice for our Technical Audit team at Heathrow office in Egham to begin as soon as possible and to commence formal apprenticeship January 2023! This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kickstart their career.
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Menzies’ ACA Apprenticeship programme is ideal for graduates starting out in the accountancy profession. Our ACA trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. Over the three-year programme, Trainees will develop their technical knowledge, practical skills and gain commercial insight into how a variety of businesses work and the challenges they face. As Trainees progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.
- To assist with providing technical support and advice in response to queries from staff involving UK GAAP, IFRS and ISA requirements.
- To support staff in the use of both CaseWare (audit and accounts software) and Inflo (data analytics software).
- To work closely with IT to implement updates to CaseWare.
- To assist in producing technical guidance (e.g., bulletins, technical notes, e-shots).
- To undertake the ICAEW Annual Return and other compliance matters.
- To assist the Senior Compliance and Risk Manager in the Engagement letter update process.
- To carry out audits across the firm on an ad-hoc basis.
- To assist with the annual ethics audit.
You will have:
- Minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Can also be currently studying ACA/ACCA
- Ability to deal with complex issues and reach clear and supported conclusions
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across all competencies
- Strong organisational skills to effectively prioritise high volumes of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Drive to produce high quality work and willingness to continuously develop technical knowledge.
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!