We are looking for an ACA Graduate to join our Technical Audit team. This is an exciting and unique graduate role which will help develop you to be an expert in Audit & Accounts work, to help delivery advice & guidance to your Menzies colleagues. This role is based from our Egham office, with travel to other Menzies offices and going out to client sites. This role is open for an immediate start ! This is an ideal opportunity for a Audit passionate graduate looking to kickstart their technical accounting career.
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
- To assist with providing technical Audit & Accounts support and advice in response to queries from staff involving UK GAAP, IFRS and ISA requirements.
- To support Audit & Accounts staff in the use of both CaseWare (audit and accounts software) and Inflo (data analytics software).
- To work closely with IT to implement updates to Audit & Accounts software – CaseWare.
- To assist in producing technical Audit & Accounts guidance (e.g., bulletins, technical notes, e-shots).
- To undertake the ICAEW Annual Return and other compliance matters.
- To assist the Senior Compliance and Risk Manager in the Engagement letter update process.
- To carry out commercial audits across the firm on an ad-hoc basis.
- To assist with the annual ethics audit.
You will have:
- Minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Can also be currently studying ACA/ACCA
- Ability to deal with complex issues and reach clear and supported conclusions
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across all competencies
- Strong organisational skills to effectively prioritise high volumes of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Drive to produce high quality work and willingness to continuously develop technical knowledge.
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!