Overview of Firm
PKF is the 12th largest accountancy brand and the 12th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF Global, an international network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions
Introduction to the Division
We are the 2nd largest auditor of AIM listed companies and the 6th largest of all LSE companies with over 130 on either the Main Market or AIM. In the last 5 years we have grown significantly in the listed audit market by focussing on delivering consistent quality and making all our clients feel valued.
The team also work with a number of large, multinational private businesses across many sectors with varying regulatory and reporting requirements, and we have specialist knowledge of a range of industries – from natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. With every audit, you’ll gain a deeper insight into each stage of the process, and a broader view of the businesses we work for. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
The Outsourcing team is a growing and dynamic part of the Business Services Division, offering room for career progression. The successful candidate will assist the Manager and Bookkeepers in providing a high quality bookkeeping service to a wide variety of businesses.
Job duties and responsibilities
The post-holder will be taught to assist in all aspects of bookkeeping including:
- Transactions processing to trial balance
- Preparation and processing of journals
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Producing aged debtor and credit listings
- Monthly management accounts
- Year-end statutory financial statements
- Extended trial balance
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Maintaining cash books/nominal ledgers/sales and purchase ledgers
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Writing cheques and bank processes
- Use a variety of accounting systems including Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and many more
- University student, working towards a minimum of a 2.2 degree and above.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A-C A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Able to work on his/her own with limited support
- Team player
- Computer literate, ideally familiar with Word, Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to ask for help/ask questions
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Commercial awareness
- Good attention to detail
- Effective time-management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Work to deadlines