Overview of Firm
We are top ten-ranked auditors and tax advisers based in Canary Wharf. With in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, we work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
The Division provides VAT, Corporate Tax and Personal Tax compliance and consultancy services to a wide range of clients and prides itself on the quality of service, high degree of professionalism and personal approach that is offered to each and every client.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
To work on a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice to both individuals and corporates within an international employment tax environment. The role will include the following:
- Working as part of a team on a variety of UK employment tax related matters, both advisory and compliance including P11D’s PSA’s and Employer due diligence reports.
- Corresponding with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Responsibility for maintaining client records and compliance progress throughout the year.
- Completion of UK personal tax returns for internationally mobile clients.
- Assisting with modified payroll calculations, hypothetical tax calculations and various other calculations that will assist companies in determining the correct remuneration for their employees in home and host countries.
- Taking part in client meetings – both at individual and corporate level.
- Handling client queries (in conjunction with the Tax Manager/Supervisor).
- Helping to develop client relationships.
- Working with teams across the firm to support their international tax client advisory needs.
- Assisting with business development opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff) (excluding general studies)
- Enjoy working with people as well as numbers
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Takes responsibility
- Uses initiative
- Team player
- Contributes ideas
- Works well to deadlines
- An ability to take complex issues and break them down into clear, understandable language
- Completes work to a high standard of accuracy
- Comfortable identifying and offering alternative solutions to improve internal processes
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills
- Willing to act on feedback
- Good written skills