Overview of Firm
PKF is the 11th largest accountancy brand and the 9th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF International, a global network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Our tax service line covers five key areas: Corporate Tax, Human Capital, Indirect Tax, Private Clients and Tax Disputes. The team has grown significantly in recent years and has ambitious plans for the future.
We work across all sectors, with specialisms in insurance, property, technology, international businesses, high net worth individuals and globally mobile individuals.
Our Human Capital team works with a range of organisations and individuals, including listed firms, entrepreneurial privately-owned businesses and not for profit organisations. We provide advice on employment tax, employee benefits, off-payroll labour and international assignments, including policy drafting and support for every stage of the assignment lifecycle. We can also assist with short-term business visitor reporting and tracking, share plans and incentives.
To work on a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice to both individuals and corporates within an international employment tax environment. The role will include the following:
- Working as part of a team on a variety of UK employment tax related matters, both advisory and compliance including P11D’s PSA’s and Employer due diligence reports.
- Corresponding with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Responsibility for maintaining client records and compliance progress throughout the year.
- Completion of UK personal tax returns for internationally mobile clients.
- Assisting with modified payroll calculations, hypothetical tax calculations and various other calculations that will assist companies in determining the correct remuneration for their employees in home and host countries.
- Taking part in client meetings – both at individual and corporate level.
- Handling client queries (in conjunction with the Tax Manager/Supervisor).
- Helping to develop client relationships.
- Working with teams across the firm to support their international tax client advisory needs.
- Assisting with business development opportunities.
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Enjoy working with people as well as numbers.
- Highly organised.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Takes responsibility.
- Uses initiative.
- Team player.
- Contributes ideas.
- Works well to deadlines.
- An ability to take complex issues and break them down into clear, understandable language.
- Completes work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Comfortable identifying and offering alternative solutions to improve internal processes.
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed.
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads.
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills.
- Willing to act on feedback.
- Good written skills.