Overview of Firm
PKF Littlejohn LLP is an independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in Canary Wharf. With in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, we work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
Our independent status means we offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established, close-knit team.
At PKF Littlejohn LLP, every individual matters. You’re more visible, more accountable and more fundamental to our success. If you’re successful you’ll enjoy challenging work in an environment, which encourages personal success.
The Division provides VAT, Corporate Tax and Personal Tax compliance and consultancy services to a wide range of clients and prides itself on the quality of service, high degree of professionalism and personal approach that is offered to each and every client.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
To work on a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice to both individuals and corporates within an international employment tax environment. The role will include the following:
• Completion of UK personal tax returns.
• Corresponding with HMRC on a variety of matters.
• Responsibility for maintaining client records and compliance progress.
• Assisting with modified payroll calculations, hypothetical tax calculations and various other
calculations that will assist companies in determining the correct remuneration for their employees.
• Taking part in client meetings – both at individual and corporate level.
• Handling client queries (in conjunction with the Tax Manager/Supervisor).
• Helping to develop client relationships.
• Working with teams across the firm to support their international tax advisory needs.
• Assisting with business development opportunities as the global mobility team raises profile.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of a 2.1 degree, attained or expected
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff) (excluding General Studies)
An ability to take complex issues and break them down into clear, understandable language.
• Ability to generate workable solutions to problems.
• Highly organised.
• Analytical thinking.
• Takes responsibility.
• Team player.
• Contributes ideas.
• Completes work to a high standard of accuracy.
• Questions existing ways of doing things.
• Completes tasks on time.
• Uses initiative.
• Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads.
• Willing to act on feedback.
• Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills.
• Good written skills.
• Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed.