Overview of firm
PKF GM is a Restructuring, Advisory and Insolvency practice and part of the PKF network with offices in Leeds and London. The practice specialises in providing bespoke advice to a wide variety of stakeholder groups across a broad range of industry sectors.
We offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established, close-knit team.
At PKF GM, every individual matters. You’re more visible, more accountable and more fundamental to our success. If you’re successful you’ll enjoy challenging work in an environment, which encourages personal success.
Purpose and aim of the job
Your role will be to assist the team in the administration and progress of a variety of ongoing formal insolvency assignments from initial instruction to closure, reporting to Senior Administrators, Managers or Directors.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Creditor and stakeholder liaison
- Agreement of claims and distributions
- Case progression
- Statutory reporting and compliance, tailored to stakeholders
- Liaising with associated external professionals
- Case closure
- General administrative tasks on assignments
Skills and qualifications
- Be on target for a minimum of a 2.1 degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff) (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or 9-4 or above (or equivalent)
- Any knowledge and experience of corporate or personal insolvency case types would be helpful, but not required
- Team player
- Ability to cope under stress and work to deadlines
- Willingness to ask for help/ask questions
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Competent in all Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of IPS Turnkey is helpful, but not required