Overview of Firm
As an independent member of PKF International, a network of independent accounting firms, we can provide truly global coverage.
At PKF Littlejohn, every individual matters. You’re more visible, more accountable and more fundamental to our success. If you’re successful you’ll enjoy challenging work in an environment, which encourages personal success. We deliberately seek to recruit individuals who have combined academic excellence with direct experience in business life.
The Tax Division comprises approximately 25 people, many of whom are specialists in particular areas of tax, possessing a high level of expertise and working knowledge in their chosen area(s).
The Division provides VAT, Corporate Tax and Personal Tax compliance and consultancy services to a wide range of clients and prides itself on the quality of service, high degree of professionalism and personal approach that is offered to each and every client.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
To manage a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice; responsibilities might include the following:
- Develop tax compliance knowledge and skills.
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of private clients, including self-employed, employed,
- internationally mobile employees, sportspersons, high net worth individuals and Lloyd’s names.
- Liaise with clients in writing, via telephone and in face-to-face meetings.
- Liaise with third parties, including HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors.
- Assist managers and partners in their personal and trust tax compliance and other work, as required.
- Supervision of secondees, including training, delegating and reviewing work.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to generate workable solutions to problems.
- Takes responsibility.
- Completes work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Questions existing ways of doing things.
- Completes tasks on time.
- Uses initiative.
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads.
- Willing to take advice.
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills.
- Good written skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed.