PKF is the 12th largest accountancy brand and the 12th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF Global, an international network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Introduction to the Division
Our tax service line covers five key areas: Corporate Tax, Human Capital, Indirect Tax, Private Clients and Tax Disputes. The team has grown significantly in recent years and has ambitious plans for the future.
We work across all sectors, with specialisms in insurance, property, technology, international businesses, high net worth individuals and globally mobile individuals.
To manage a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice; responsibilities might include the following:
- Liaising with clients, usually by phone
- Handling client queries (in conjunction with the Tax Manager/Supervisor)
- Completing corporation tax returns for clients
- Calculating tax provisions in client’s accounts – this will involve working closely with the audit divisions
- You may be expected to visit client premises and complete draft computations on site
- Assisting with the completion of calculations for the tax provision in the accounts
- Ensuring clients achieve corporate tax compliance, which will involve completing tax returns, completing tax computations and submitting them to the HMRC
- Corresponding with HMRC with regard to making payments of tax and dealing with enquiries from HMRC
- The successful candidate will maintain the Alpha Tax System software that the firm uses for completing corporate tax returns. This will involve updating the system and maintaining accurate records for reports
- In time, the successful candidate will become involved with complex compliance issues and consultancy project
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to generate workable solutions to problems
- Takes responsibility
- Completes work to a high standard of accuracy
- Questions existing ways of doing things
- Completes tasks on time
- Uses initiative
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads
- Willing to take advice
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills
- Good written skills
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed