Private Client Services aims to be viewed as a leading provider of ‘one-stop shop’ private client services. The Compliance Team supports PCS and Business Tax by dealing with compliance for certain clients.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of a trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your professional qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of a trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, travel, study and socialising!
In this role you will deal with tax compliance for a variety of personal and business tax clients. Duties will include:
- Prepare and submit tax returns of various types as requested
- Where these are corporation tax returns prepare computations at both provisional and final stages, and deferred tax calculations for inclusion in financial statements, as required
- Obtain necessary information from clients or audit files as required
- Calculate tax liabilities ensuring they are appropriately communicated to the client and tax payments are correct and made on time
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including obtaining relevant information from audit files etc
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
- Be sure all deadlines are met and ensure any difficulties are brought to the attention of a senior team of the Tax department or the Compliance Manager
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
- Degree educated, 2.1 or above
- Competent using MS office
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios