At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The graduate programme is a three year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
Our Private Client Tax Services team help individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our client base is incredibly diverse. Today, we provide services to high-net-worth individuals, non-domiciled individuals, landed estates, trusts and professional practices.
Our Private Client Tax Services team can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also advising on domestic and international issues through our Nexia International network. The team also work closely with other practices within Smith & Williamson such as the investment managers, financial planners and pensions specialists which complement and enhance the advice we can offer.
As part of our Private Client Tax Team you will combine hands on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying towards the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Taxation Adviser (CTA) qualifications.
- The preparation of accounts and tax returns for basic trusts
- The preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities including writing to clients and 3rd parties where necessary
- Billing clients in a timely manner for the work we have carried out on their behalf
- Setting up new clients and dealing with the disengagement of departing clients
- Organisation of workload to ensure an efficient and timely service
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ATT and CTA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
- Stage 1 – complete our online application form
- Stage 2 – online verbal reasoning test
- Stage 3 – online numerical reasoning test
- Stage 4 – assessment morning
- Stage 5 – first round interview
- Stage 6 – final round interview