The provision of assistance to Assistant Managers and Managers in the administration and progression of an assigned caseload of corporate insolvency appointments, principally comprising Administrations and Liquidations. Principal areas of involvement will be:
- Asset realisations.
- Ascertainment of creditors and distribution of available funds in accordance with agreed priorities
- Compliance with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Case progression.
- The provision of assistance to managers undertaking independent business reviews.
You may desire to continue developing within your career and study towards a professional qualification, such as AAT, CPI. Baker Tilly will provide extensive training and development to support you through your career. An opportunity to progress on to a professional qualification will be subject to business requirements and your career aspirations.
No prior experience of Restructuring and Recovery is required as full training will be given, however a genuine desire to work in this exciting area is essential.
- To carry out duties assigned by the Assistant Manager, Manager or Director efficiently, thoroughly, and in accordance with the firm’s procedures and relevant statutory and extra-statutory obligations.
- To communicate any problems in complying with those instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the Assistant Manager, Manager or Director immediately.
- To undertake all assigned cases to the highest standards of objectivity, integrity, and professionalism, and with appropriate awareness of the often conflicting needs of directors, contributories, and creditors. To maintain a prompt and appropriate communication with all relevant parties.
- Maintenance of efficient files and records and prompt and appropriate reaction to all correspondence, telephone calls and interviews.
- To treat all third parties such as creditors and employees with respect and courtesy, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To record time spent on a regular basis, and to ensure that time charged is consistent with the proper performance of the work.
- To clear all review points raised on the work undertaken and update working papers and conclusions where appropriate.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s other services, and to ensure a prompt, courteous, and effective liaison with other departments.
- To advance the level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses.
- To assist in marketing activities as required
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health & Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Develops mutually supportive and effective working relationships with members of the team, and provides cooperation and input whilst informing others of own activities and progress.
- Is regarded as open and approachable, takes time to listen to the views and ideas of others.
- Is responsive and adaptable to departmental workload as a whole.
- Perceives the needs and concerns of the team and clients and adapts approach to meet these needs, whilst maintaining effective and professional working relationships.
- Ensures that the Assistant Manager, Manager and Director are fully updated on progress and any issues that might affect the client relationship.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of wider business and economic issues.
- Demonstrates a general awareness of client and business issues.
- Questions areas of uncertainty and risk whilst also making recommendations for case progression for own work.
- Proactive, seeks feedback and acts on own initiative, to be able to make sense of issues, identify and solve problems and to ‘think on one’s feet’.
- Ability to cope with change, to be flexible and handle difficult situations.
- Prioritises own workload effectively.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong academic background.
- Experience of working within a professional services environment would be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- A calm approach with the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- High levels of confidentiality.
- Good team player.
- Five GCSEs at grades A to C including at least a grade B in Maths and English Language, or a minimum of five standard grades at grades 1 to 3 including at least a grade 2 in Maths and English or equivalent.
- At least 280 UCAS points from your first 3 full A Levels excluding general studies, or equivalent.
To apply for this opportunity please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.