WHO WE ARE
SRLV is a mid-tier firm of chartered accountants, business management specialists and corporate and private client advisors based in London’s vibrant West End. The business has bloomed through organic growth and strategic acquisition to a 180-strong staff across four divisions working worldwide.
Our services are diverse, multi-disciplined and multi-jurisdictional. From premium restaurants, prime property and international corporates, to established names in music, entertainment and sport, we have an inspiringly diverse client base that is rewarding and exciting.
Founded on the principles of a family business, people are the beating heart of SRLV. Relationships of trust, whether with our staff, clients or professional network, come first. When expanding our team, we look for inherent ability, energy and drive. Intelligent, interested, considered people who want to be seen and respected as individuals, who will collaborate and add another dimension to the high quality service we deliver and the team we are.
We see everyone as individuals, valuing unique traits and special strengths. Our diverse workforce, where over 20 languages are spoken, has a breadth of cultural experience from which we all learn. Unique insights and alternative ways of thinking keep our approach fresh and our minds open.
Undergraduate placements provide invaluable real-life work experience unobtainable through study alone. This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious students to join our year-long paid Intern Programme. You’ll be immersed in our world and guided by a supportive team, gaining practical, hands-on experience. You’ll finish with technical knowledge, core business skills and an insight into the world of accountancy that will equip you for any career in business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Music & Entertainment or Corporate Team | Key Responsibilities
- Day to day bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients
- Client bank and credit card reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on international invoices
- Processing receipts and reconciling sales
- Assisting with preparation of VAT returns for senior/manager review and client approval
- Assisting with handling aspects of the portfolio’s financial and personal affairs
- Assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records, raising issues to relevant team members
- Assisting with management reporting and annual accounting compliance by preparing accounts and reports, such as tour reports comparing actual to budget, wealth statements
- Liaising directly with clients and suppliers in a professional manner online, over the phone or in person
- Reconciling reports on MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Making, monitoring and reporting on bank payments
- Online banking including preparing payment
Personal Tax Team | Key Responsibilities
- Daily support to the Tax Team on their portfolios, together with ad-hoc work from other team members
- Gathering tax packs for partner review
- Sending tax returns to clients
- Submitting tax returns
- Reviewing internet for potential FEU applications
- VAT repayments for FEU applications
- Dealing with post/paperwork that the team receives
- Completing EIS application forms
- FEU application
- Update hard files for VIP clients
- Urgent Tax Return and Tax Report preparation/adjustments
- Circulating timeline to the whole team – setting out the month’s goals/targets/important dates etc. to SL and London in the first week of the month
- Update and maintain tax technical library
- Liaise with HMRC where required
- Setting up weekly calls with external team members
- Run and issue monthly WIP reports for tax managers so that we can review what to bill
- Arrange with PAs to raise and send bills where instructed
- Liaising between PAs and the Tax Team
Please note these lists are not exhaustive
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE PROGRAMME
We’re looking for candidates who are motivate, hard-working and creative. You’ll need to be a true team player, with exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage high volume workloads and meet tight deadlines. You will be proactive, ambitious and, most of all, care about the work we do and the clients we support as much as we do.
In order to apply, you will:
- Be on course to achieve at least a 2:1 degree in Accountancy and Finance from a leading university (other similar subject areas may be considered)
- Have previously achieved 112 (new tariff) or 280 (old tariff) UCAS points from at least 3 A-Levels (excluding General Studies)
- Have Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English Language
As an Assistant on the SRLV Intern Placement Programme you will have the opportunity to broaden your accountancy knowledge and build on theoretical experience as part of a friendly, supportive and technically excellent team within a fast-growing firm.
As part of our team, you will work on a wide variety of clients and will be involved in many areas of their businesses. With responsibility for tasks such as bookkeeping, tour reconciliations, making, monitoring and reporting on bank payments and providing high-level administrative support, this is a really exciting opportunity for an ambitious undergraduate to gain invaluable hands-on experience.
If you demonstrate you have the ability and drive to be part of the SRLV team, it may even lead to a permanent role and training contract with us when you graduate from university.
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays and extra annual leave over the December holiday period
- 3% Pension contribution
- Cashback scheme for medical expenses
- Group Life Insurance
- Well being support including fresh fruit in the office, health insurance with added benefits such as gym and other health and fitness retailer discounts, annual flu-jab and more
- Regular social events including bi-weekly breakfast or pizza at the office, monthly drinks on the rooftop terrace or a local venue, summer and Christmas parties as well as fundraising and charitable events
- Travel support including cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- In addition to the above, you will work at our contemporary offices in Fitzrovia as part of a dynamic, lively team in the heart of the West End, surrounded by some of the best restaurants, pubs, shops and theatres.
- Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Salary: Competitive
To apply click the Apply button below where you will be able to complete our online application form and attached your CV.
As part of your application we have asked you 3 questions about your motivations and interest in starting your accountancy career at SRLV. Please note your response to these questions is your chance to stand out and will form a significant part of the 1st stage application.
Unfortunately we cannot offer sponsorship and therefore we can only accept applications from candidate with the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 10am Monday 08 January 2024.