Who are SRLV?
SRLV are a medium-sized independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors based in Fitzrovia, a vibrant and exciting hub in Central London.
Our client base ranges from high profile music, tv and entertainment individuals and companies to prestigious restaurant groups, luxury retailers, professional service firms, property, travel and technology businesses.
Our partners continue to drive our success through a passion for and commitment to building strong relationships and working in partnership with our clients.
We focus on people as individuals, allowing and supporting you to grow and develop within our firm. We value our differences and know that diversity across our team is what enables us to deliver the best service for our clients. We are committed to ensuring that everyone at SRLV feels they can bring their full selves to work and can thrive in an inclusive and safe space.
What will you get out of SRLV’s Audit Graduate Programme?
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working graduate to start their career in accountancy as part of a friendly, supportive and technically strong team.
As an authorised ICAEW Training Employer we are dedicated to supporting our graduates with their studies. We know that studying and working can be challenging and that’s why we made the decision to increase our programme to 4 years to ensure you have the best opportunity to successfully complete your qualification during your training contract. We take a flexible approach, supporting you to work through your exams at a pace that suits you.
As a graduate at SRLV you will receive the following benefits:
- Full ACA study support
- Paid study leave
- Bonus for completing certificate level exams first time
- Promotional and pay-rise opportunities within the programme – our grads start as Auditor Juniors and progress to Audit Seniors by the end of the programme
- Fully paid professional subscriptions
- Hybrid working upon passing probation. This will include days in the office, at college, working from home and clients’ offices as needed
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays and extra annual leave over the December holiday period
- Optional condensed week with early finish on Fridays
- Regular social events including Bi-Weekly breakfast or pizza at the office, monthly drinks on the rooftop terrace or a local venue, Summer and Christmas parties, fundraising and charitable events, etc.
- Wellbeing initiatives including: fresh fruit in the office, health insurance with added benefits such as gym and other health and fitness retailer discounts, annual flu-jab
- Travel support including: Cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loans
In addition to the above you will work at our modern offices in Fitzrovia with a lively, fun and personable team amongst the hustle and bustle of London’s West End surrounded by some of the best restaurants, pubs and theatres.
What you’ll bring to the programme
- You will have achieved, or be on course to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree from a top university. The subject of your degree is not important.
- You will have previously achieved 112 UCAS points (equivalent to 280 UCAS points under pre-2017 tariff) from at least 3 A-Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- You will have Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Excellent organisation skills with and strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A natural team player in addition to the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll be doing
As an ACA Audit Trainee at SRLV, you will work within our hugely personable, supportive and experienced audit team, completing audit assignments for a variety of clients, from large groups to smaller owner-managed businesses. Due to the industries we specialise in we work with some pretty exciting clients!
As a member of the Audit graduate intake, you will benefit from a varied and challenging development journey where you will:
- Be part of a team undertaking audits of client’s financial statements and similar assurance work. You will begin by supporting on elements of the audit whilst learning and by the third year you will be an experienced member of the team leading on audits.
- Undertake your ACA studies
- Progress from assisting on audits to leading your own assignments
- Receive a wealth of on-the-job training alongside your ACA syllabus of learning
- Spend around 10 weeks a year studying towards the ACA with structured training provided by external tutors, spread out over the year
- Spend time in the office when you will be finishing off audit fieldwork, preparing clients’ accounts, iXBRL tagging accounts for HMRC, preparing for the next audit or undertaking ad hoc tasks
- Attend clients stocktakes, where you will observe their stocktaking procedures and perform test counts
To apply click the Apply button below where you will be able to complete our online application form and attached your CV. As part of your application we have asked you 3 questions about your motivations and interest in starting your accountancy career at SRLV. Please note your response to these questions is your chance to stand out and will form a significant part of the 1st stage application!
Unfortunately we cannot offer sponsorship for our graduate programme and therefore we can only accept applications from candidate with the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 10am Monday 9 January 2023.