Who are SRLV?
SRLV are a medium-sized independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors based in Fitzrovia, a vibrant and exciting hub in Central London.
Our client base ranges from high profile theatre, music, tv and entertainment individuals and companies to prestigious restaurant groups, luxury retailers, professional service firms, property, travel and technology businesses.
Our partners continue to drive our success through a passion for and commitment to building strong relationships and working in partnership with our clients.
We focus on people as individuals, allowing and supporting you to grow and develop within our firm. We value our differences and know that diversity across our team is what enables us to deliver the best service for our clients. We are committed to ensuring that everyone at SRLV feels they can bring their full selves to work and can thrive in an inclusive and safe space.
We are now looking for ambitious and driven graduates to join our Music team where you will support us in providing exceptional services to our clients and achieve our business goals.
What will you get out of SRLV’s Music Accountancy Graduate Programme?
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and creative graduate to start their career in accountancy as part of a friendly, supportive, and technically strong team.
Working within our music, media & entertainment team you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of clients and will be involved in many areas of their businesses. With responsibility for duties such as bookkeeping; tour reconciliations; preparation of management and financial statements, as well as business management and direct contact with the client or client’s representatives, this is an exciting opportunity to begin and progress your career in Accountancy within an exciting Industry.
As an authorised ICAEW Training Employer, we are dedicated to supporting our graduates with their studies. We know that studying and working can be challenging and that’s why we made the decision to increase our programme to 4 years to ensure you have the best opportunity to successfully complete your qualification during your training contract. We take a flexible approach, supporting you to work through your exams at a pace that suits you.
As a graduate at SRLV you will receive the following benefits:
- Full ACA/ACCA study support
- Paid study leave
- Bonus for completing certificate level exams first time
- Promotional and pay-rise opportunities within the programme – starting as a junior in the team you will have the opportunity to progress to senior dependent on your exam and work performance
- Fully paid professional subscriptions
- Hybrid working upon passing probation. This will include days in the office, at college, working from home and clients’ offices as needed.
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays and extra annual leave over the December holiday period
- Optional condensed week with early finish on Fridays
- Regular social events including Bi-Weekly breakfast or pizza at the office, monthly drinks on the rooftop terrace or a local venue, Summer, and Christmas parties, fundraising and charitable events, etc.
- Wellbeing initiatives including fresh fruit in the office, health insurance with added benefits such as gym and other health and fitness retailer discounts, annual flu-jab
- Travel support including Cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loans
In addition to the above you will work at our modern offices in Fitzrovia with a lively, fun and personable team amongst the hustle and bustle of London’s West End surrounded by some of the best restaurants, pubs and theatres.
What you’ll bring to the programme
- Ideally you will have achieved, or be on course to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree from a top university. The subject of your degree is not important.
- Ideally you will have previously achieved either 112 UCAS points (equivalent to 280 UCAS points under pre-2017 tariff) from at least 3 A-Levels or have Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Excellent organisation skills with and strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A natural team player in addition to the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll be doing
As an Accountancy Trainee at SRLV, you will work within our hugely personable, supportive, and experienced Music team, partnering with for a variety of clients.
As a member of the graduate accountant intake, you will benefit from a varied and challenging development journey where you will:
- Undertake your ACA or ACCA studies
- Progress from Junior to Senior Qualified Accountant
- Receive a wealth of on-the-job training alongside your ACA/ACCA syllabus of learning
- Spend around 10 weeks a year studying towards the ACA/ACCA with structured training provided by external tutors, spread out over the year
- Work with a variety of client on all thing accounting including:
- Day to day bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients
- Client bank and credit card reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on international invoices
- Assisting with management reporting and annual accounting compliance by preparing accounts and reports such as tour reports comparing actual to budget, wealth statements
- Processing receipts
- Assisting with preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales Lists for manager review and client approval
- Assist with handling aspects of the portfolio’s financial and personal affairs
- Assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records raising issues to relevant Managers
- Liaising directly with clients and suppliers in a timely and professional manner online, over the phone or in person
- Preparing management and financial accounts
Who You Are
Seeking a challenge? Are you prepared to roll up your sleeves? We’re looking for individuals who are motivated, pragmatic, and take pride in their work to join our friendly team. You will receive excellent support throughout your ACA/ACCA studies however you should not underestimate the commitment and dedication required to study and work over the course of the 4-year training programme.