Baker Tilly’s Technology Services is a fast-growing team which aims to be the leading provider of specialist technology advisory and assurance services to SMEs, the mid-market and the public sector. As a result of significant investments in the team this is a fast-moving, dynamic part of Baker Tilly which will suit individuals who want to fast-track their career in technology consulting, who are keen to make an impact and who would like to work with the latest business technologies such as Cloud computing/SaaS.
Recent projects delivered by the team include IT strategies for an automotive dealership a government department and a housing association, Cloud ERP implementations for an online retailer and a media firm, IT outsourcing assistance for a consulting firm and IT due diligence prior to an acquisition.
The team provides the following consulting services to clients
– IT strategy including Cloud computing
– ERP system implementation
– IT project management
– Data analytics
Baker Tilly offers all the opportunities associated with a large national firm of over 3,000 staff and an international network in over 100 countries. At the same time, those joining Technology Services will have the ability to make an impact quickly and to benefit from exciting career development opportunities.
The successful candidate will join Baker Tilly’s rapidly growing Technology Consulting team. They will work on a variety of technology projects in roles which could include:
- Business and systems analysis
- Systems requirements specification
- Systems testing
- Data extraction, transform and load (ETL)
- PMO (project management office)
- Interface definition
Projects on which the successful candidate will work could include:
- ERP implementation – NetSuite or Microsoft AX
- IT reviews
- IT due diligence
- IT project assurance
The ideal candidate will therefore be keen to develop a broad range of business technology skills, will be enthusiastic about understanding how IT can be applied in a modern business environment and will be prepared to apply their existing knowledge of IT and business systems in a commercial environment for our clients.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop a career within a fast-growing team. They will be expected to initially work across the full range of client projects which the team is involved in, before selecting one or two areas on which they would like to focus. Energetic and ambitious graduates will find plenty f be opportunities to shape their career in a team that is working at the leading edge of business technology in the commercial world.
The successful candidate will be funded to study one of the below qualifications:
- CIMA, ACCA
- Bachelors degree, minimum 2:1. A relevant subject (such as computer science, business information systems or another degree with a significant IT component) is essential
- 280 UCAS Points or above from the top three A Levels (or equivalent) excluding General Studies and AS Levels.
- B or above in both Maths and English Language at GCSE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through technology
- A high level of personal professionalism and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel.