As a Trainee Accountant you will be supporting the Accounting and Outsourcing Services Team on the delivery of statutory accounts preparation to a wide range of clients.
Your role will be to support management in the preparation of statutory accounts, year end financial statements /accounts, maintaining accounting records and preparing management accounts for clients within set time scales whilst study towards professional qualification.
- To assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- To assist with preparation of year end financial statements/accounts
- To assist with maintaining the accounting records and
- To assist with preparing management accounts for clients.
- To assist with preparation of HMRC VAT returns.
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- To develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- To ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain a professional working relationship with clients
- To attend client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training Contract & Study Support
School Leavers: We will fund for you to study towards the AAT qualification followed by the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college but, with Mazars your professional qualification is only part of the story. We support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development, classroom study, 1:1 coaching and support and, as you progress, technical and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will spend time away from the office to attend classes for tuition and revision stages of each exam. The classroom taught approach means that you will have the support of your peers and valuable study time for your exams.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you technical insight to assist you to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor to help you settle and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.