At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The successful individual will join a three year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the ACA qualification.
If you are a graduate looking for first class training in Assurance & Business Services and meet our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start ups to substantial international groups.
This means you will quickly gain broad experience in the following:
Technical – on-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
- Develop an understanding of our client’s and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
Client liaison – from day one you will engage with our clients at their offices and:
- Discuss queries with client staff, obtaining relevant information and explanations as well as
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Professional qualification and internal training
- During your three year contract, you will study towards the ACA qualification with the ICAEW to become a chartered accountant
- You will obtain an understanding of related services such as Corporate and Private Tax through our structured trainee placement program
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Professional communication and (self) management – your ability to work as part of a team is essential to your role at every level
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Smith & Williamson
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACA qualification
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must have or be on course for at least a strong second class honours degree in any discipline
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
There is no deadline for this role, however, to avoid disappointment, we would advise you to apply as early as possible.
We also have summer internship opportunities available. For further details, please go to our website.