Wilkins Kennedy is a top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers providing a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a diverse range of businesses and individuals across the UK and overseas. We operate from 18 regional offices based across the South of England with a turnover of £55million and over 700 members of staff and Partners.
As a Tax Trainee you’ll start off by learning the fundamentals, including producing tax computations, both personal and corporate, and carrying out technical tax research.
You could be a school leaver or a Graduate looking to start your career in Tax.
- To assist in the completion of self-assessment tax returns, ensuring compliance matters are dealt with accurately
- Preparing client letters
- Assisting seniors and managers with research, reports and other client deliverables for advisory projects
- Assist Tax team with the preparation of other tax deliverables such as P11Ds, employment related security returns and ATED returns
- Liaising with the wider WK team, for example, the audit team, to collect information on our clients for the tax compliance services or to determine other services we can provide to our clients
- Assisting with administrative tasks in the tax department including new client take-on procedures
- Attendance at in house meetings and external courses
- Regular reading of tax journals
- To study for appropriate tax qualification (ATT, CTA)
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- To study towards recognised tax qualification – essential
- A pro active team player.